Scientists Use Quake 2 Engine to Study Brains

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Soon this method will be implemented for cube dwelling office workers.

Employees will don helmets displaying a virtualized office environment including their computers and co-workers. The system will analyze work performance and reward employees with coffee sent through a tube located on the side of the helmet.

w4ffles

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2008
I've always imagined a system like that for VR game play. I thought the mouse would be running through some sort of maze, not in circles.

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
this is awesome! lol best article i've read here in a while. that'd be awesome if they had cheese pick-ups in place of weapons in the game lol. or if this mouse could go online and pwn some noobs.

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
LIKE OMGZ THIS IS SO CRUEL TO TEH POUR LIL MICE

THES POEPLE NEEED 2 BE SHOT!!11!

- Signed, P.E.T.A.

Oh, and this is ingenious.

theubersmurf

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
They think this was stimulating to a mouse, had they only realized that had their test subject had nine other mice on the LAN, then they'd see some real brain activity.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Quake is addictive. Even scientists can't stop thinking about it while at work. what did the mouse do to deserve that inhu-mouse treatment? haven't they proven research cause cancer in mice? add insanity to that.

jestern

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Oh no...its bad enough we have illegal dog fighting rings all over the world, now we're going to have to worry about illegal Mice-Quake matches in covert LAN partys. :)

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]ikefu[/nom]Soon this method will be implemented for cube dwelling office workers.Employees will don helmets displaying a virtualized office environment including their computers and co-workers. The system will analyze work performance and reward employees with coffee sent through a tube located on the side of the helmet.[/citation]
Dude! You better patent that idea! :lol:

Joking aside, some cool new tech.

brains2200

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2007
Jestern that is a great idea. Train a mouse to kick your friends mices butts in quake2. That great.

Time to patent and start ladder setup.

:)

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]tacoslave[/nom]I'm part of P.E.T.AP.E.T.A stands for people eating tasty animals.[/citation]
Mmmmn...
Why are people so against horse meat too? It's awesome.
[citation][nom]jestern[/nom]Oh no...its bad enough we have illegal dog fighting rings all over the world, now we're going to have to worry about illegal Mice-Quake matches in covert LAN partys. :)[/citation]
Sometimes, it's worth it to break the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.