Scottish Hospital to Employ Team of Robot Workers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jomofro39

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
^ sliem read my mind. "Calculating...calculating....patient requires 2 gallons of morphine..." I smell disaster, then lawsuit, then fear of robot takeover.

drutort

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
hah the robots might be clean... but what about the nurses :p im sure there will be situations were the interaction with humans will take please and negligence prevails. That what... you get assumptions... that the robots are clean and that assumption goes on and you get the picture :p at least people do wash up once in a while... but do those robots have a chamber to be sterilized once in a while or whatever the process is... if not... the future holds lots of lawsuits

drutort

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
also last time i checked robots still have fluids that they run on... what about having all that contained properly... fail to see how this will work in the long run, not to mention the costs of maintenance... oh btw while nurses are underpaid and they spend nearly half a billion on these...

pwndcake

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2008
With their own special network of corridors underneath the hospital, these robots will be able to stay out of the way of doctors and nurses. By using separate elevators, robots performing clean tasks won't ever come across robots performing dirty tasks,

This is clear discrimination. What, do they have seperate robot drinking fountains too? Separate is not equal! We demand robot integration!

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Sure we should hire a few thousand T100 Terminator units for border patrol. We even got fresh water pirates. lol wtf? o_O

Oh well there is means of non nuclear EMP.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]CoryInJapan[/nom]Great,Now that means even less jobs for us humans. Is the work force not scarce enough? MADNESS.[/citation]

Gotta make your own income; we're not in the industrial age anymore.

Shit sucks (if you think it does), but there's always opportunity to be found in change.

cobra5000

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
"They took our jrrbs"!?! jk i work in a hospital and anything too free us up so we can care for the patients is welcome in my book.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
I'm willing to bet surgical robots will be around pretty soon. Human bodies are all fairly similar inside. Program in certain measurements, and hand it a knife.

bogcotton

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
The government is slashing budgets everywhere (yes I am from the UK), and yet we are trialing a £1/3bn robot project.
I am saddened that university fees will go up, and investment in science down, while quangos and this stuff continues.

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]this is stupid. patients now will have a number or a bar code or something. Instead of a name.hospitals need to be more humane. machines can't do that.[/citation]

Having a robot take away the tray so the nurse can stay and talk to the patient is inhumane?

It's called progress, bitches, look it up, it's kinda cool. It means we can focus man hours on where they are actually needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.