rameyjul

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017
Hello,

I have been having issues with my HP Envy m4 laptop display. When I connect to an external monitor, my laptop function is perfect and the display on the external monitor is fine. The issue is strictly viewing on my laptop screen. The display used to come up sometimes if I could press the screen in a certain way and did not move it after. The issue continued to get worse over time, so that no longer works. I'm not sure what the issue is. The screen has a lot of lines and is primarily white, but also flashes multiple colors, lines, and images. I have attached a video of what the screen looks like. Please note that I am not doing anything on my laptop while taking this video, the activity on my screen is happening on its own.

VIDEO: https://youtu.be/z4PbuD1TqHE

Any advice on fixing the problem or even just diagnosing what it might be would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Solution
You are going to need a new screen. If the problem was replicated on the external display, I would say graphics issue. Since it is not, I would say you need a new screen.

n3cw4rr10r

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
You are going to need a new screen. If the problem was replicated on the external display, I would say graphics issue. Since it is not, I would say you need a new screen.

Solution

Samaratin

Estimable
Apr 1, 2015
I would check the ribbon cable going from the motherboard under the keyboard through the hinges up to the screen first.. assuming you haven't done any major physical damage to the laptop such as dropping it... throwing it... getting it wet... spilling grande mocha lattes in it, etc...