Screen flickering when booting into Windows

Oct 31, 2018
Hi, im facing a problem on my laptop, that i didnt had before. Recently i purchased an ssd, and for a time all went fine. Then, i noticed that sometimes, when booting into windows, the screen flickered for about 2 seconds, and booted normally after. No problems when using the laptop, no lags, nothing, but that flickering must be happening for some reason. I updated all my drivers, reinstalled my video cards, reinstalled my windows from scratch and it's still happening.
Can someone help me?

Oct 31, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from hotfuture12 : "Screen flickering when booting into Windows"

Hi, im facing a problem on my laptop, that i didnt had before. Recently i purchased an ssd, and for a time all went fine. Then, i noticed that sometimes, when booting into windows, the screen flickered for about 2 seconds, and booted normally after. No problems when using the laptop, no lags, nothing, but that flickering must be happening for some reason. I updated all my drivers, reinstalled my video cards, reinstalled my windows from scratch and it's still happening.
Can someone help me?

Oct 31, 2018
Apparently in only does that when i turned off my laptop in power saver mode. When i turn it on, it does that flicker. But if im on balanced mode, no flickering at all

Oct 31, 2018
As i said before, the laptop flickers when i previously turned off in power saver mode. Always the same flicker, it doesnt change at all. If in another power plan, the laptop initializes with no flickers

Mustangace

Commendable
Nov 5, 2016

Or it could be a Microsoft Windows issue that an update might fix. The OP should make certain Windows 10 (I presume) is completely up-to-date. If it is, it could still be a problem that Microsoft will need to fix, unless of course that this problem just started recently where it used to work fine before.

I doubt the installation of an SSD would cause the screen flickering since graphics comes from the CPU's integrated graphics chip or the dedicated GPU if one exists. But I suppose that might happen if a bit of code from the Windows installation that affects graphics display was slightly corrupted during installation, but not so damaged that a Windows startup is prevented.

If the flicker happened at all startup modes, then I would suspect that the monitor screen might be on its way to going bad, but since it is only in one mode here, that seems unlikely.