Screen ghosting on laptop

danfarraj

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
I have an issue of screen ghosting on my Dell inspiron 7559, I've been using it since november 2016, really good laptop imo, but after turning it on and opening firefox, word or any other application after couple of minutes I can notice a ghost image of last app I used on solid colors(ctrl+alt+del screen for instance). It fades after I watch a video/movie, but go back when I contunue using apps, I'm pretty ok with such issue since it's only noticable on solid colors, just want to know if it doesn't get any worse in the future

Solution
I see. Hmm. If it is under warranty then I would contact the manufacturer. If it isn't under warranty (meaning opening it won't void anything) then I would try disconnecting and reconnecting the display (the ribbon cable) and see if that improves it.

You should also check for updates to the drivers.
Try this...

1. Create an all-white screen. This can be done in any painting program. You will want an image the size of your screen (aka desktop wallpaper size).

2. Set this image to be displayed by your screen saver.

3. Set the screen saver to turn on in a very short time period. If you can get it down to display in 1 minute, great.

4. Turn your brightness down, way down, but not off. You are doing this to save your backlight bulp light. Don't need to create a new problem.

5. Now let it go to screen saver mode and leave it that way for a good hour, if not more. It depends on the amount of time the program that left the ghost image was running. You want to let this dimmed screen saver run for at least as long as the program did.

danfarraj

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016

I see. Hmm. If it is under warranty then I would contact the manufacturer. If it isn't under warranty (meaning opening it won't void anything) then I would try disconnecting and reconnecting the display (the ribbon cable) and see if that improves it.

You should also check for updates to the drivers.

Solution