screen goes blank but the computer works fine in safe mode.

macharran

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
I have a Toshiba Satellite L305-S5933 with windows 7-32 bit and for some reason lately if I try to use the computer after 5 minutes of been on, the screen goes blank, no activity at all in the hard disk. The weird thing is that the computer works fine in safe mode. I check the fan and is operating fine, I cleaned the dust between the fan and the heatsink and it still doing the same. I did a fresh windows installation and it still doing the same. I can go in safe mode, uninstall or disable the display drivers and when boot up normally is doing the same, the screen goes blank. I verified if it was a problem with the cable that goes to the screen by connecting a external monitor and it is doing the same.

Please, if somebody can help me it will be great.

Solution
If it is working fine in "Safe Mode" then there is probably something on the computer that is interfering, which can't run in "Safe Mode".

You are going to need to run some good deep scans for viruses and malware as well, to make sure it isn't them. Then check to see what is running when out of "Safe Mode" that can't run when in it. You are going to have to then figure out which item it is.
If it is working fine in "Safe Mode" then there is probably something on the computer that is interfering, which can't run in "Safe Mode".

You are going to need to run some good deep scans for viruses and malware as well, to make sure it isn't them. Then check to see what is running when out of "Safe Mode" that can't run when in it. You are going to have to then figure out which item it is.

Solution