Screen is broken on HP envy m6, how can I use HDMI? If I close screen it will sleep, can I disconnect the Screen? Broke, child

kattdgam

Prominent
Oct 2, 2017
Screen is broken on HP envy m6, how can I use HDMI? If I close screen it will sleep, can I disconnect the Screen? Broke, my daughter passed away in May, father of grandchild won't let me see her. So desperate to watch videos look at pics, please help me? No RPG cord.

Solution
Connect an HDMI cable from the laptop to your TV.
Turn on the TV, select the HDMI input you just connected the cable. Open the laptop screen so it comes on. Hopefully you will see the desktop. It might take 10 seconds to come on. You may have to change the TV input to another one and back. Wait again. Sometimes the laptop needs to be on before you select the input on the TV. Try both ways if needed.
Change the video settings to match the TV (720p or 1080p in most cases.
You can then change the power settings so that closing the screen won't cause the laptop to sleep.
Connect an HDMI cable from the laptop to your TV.
Turn on the TV, select the HDMI input you just connected the cable. Open the laptop screen so it comes on. Hopefully you will see the desktop. It might take 10 seconds to come on. You may have to change the TV input to another one and back. Wait again. Sometimes the laptop needs to be on before you select the input on the TV. Try both ways if needed.
Change the video settings to match the TV (720p or 1080p in most cases.
You can then change the power settings so that closing the screen won't cause the laptop to sleep.

Solution

kattdgam

Prominent
Oct 2, 2017