Screen popping out of the bezel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 10, 2018
Hi Everyone!

I recently purchased a Lenovo Yoga 710-15KB 7 months ago.

4-5 days back, when opening the lid, there was a faint crack noise.

Upon further examining the laptop, I noticed that the screen [ bottom right-near the hinge] had popped out of the bezel [not the entire screen, just a little] . There were no damages/cracks on the screen and the touch works fine. When I try to open/close the lid [did this very cautiously] i noticed the frame near the hinge getting disturbed. Have attached the image in the link : https://imgur.com/BwtWfa9

Till now i haven't closed the lid of my laptop yet, [just covering it with a thin cloth when not in use]
to prevent further damages/wear of the parts.

My Queries :

1. Does this require a whole screen replacement?

2. Is it ok to keep the lid open for a few months? [ currently I am not in a place to avail a good
laptop service ]

3. Does Lenovo yoga models have this kind of a defect/problem very often?

Please let me know how to attach a picture from my mobile in the thread, so that it gives a better picture of the problem presented.

Please help and suggest methods/solutions for the problem.

Thanks!.

Solution
what you want to do is find something to lean the screen agaist and not to open or close it anymore. or use a monitor for now. the big issue is not the screen or the bezel and clip that broken but the power and display cables that are run around the clips and botttom of the screen bezel. if there cut or short out there goes your laptop. i would email your laptop vendor most time there going to send you a box to ship the unit to a repair depot and then ship it back to you.
If I understand correctly, the "disturbed" area is the chassis/body, not the LCD frame or lid. If that's correct, then it sounds like a screw standoff broke inside the chassis, one that probably housed a screw holding the hinge in place. You'd have to get whatever section of the body replaced to have this fixed - or take it somewhere and see if they can use an adhesive to put the standoff back in place.

You're fine leaving the lid open. The less opening and closing, the better. I don't know of this being a common defect on Yoga models.

Aug 10, 2018

Thank you very much for your suggestions Prostar Computer!.. Will definitely look into it.

I have attached the image in the link below, so that you can get a clear picture of what has happened
https://imgur.com/BwtWfa9

I'm really sorry, I down-voted your answer...accidentally pressed the down arrow button.[tried but couldn't undo it]. Hope you don't take it offensively :)

Thank you!.

what you want to do is find something to lean the screen agaist and not to open or close it anymore. or use a monitor for now. the big issue is not the screen or the bezel and clip that broken but the power and display cables that are run around the clips and botttom of the screen bezel. if there cut or short out there goes your laptop. i would email your laptop vendor most time there going to send you a box to ship the unit to a repair depot and then ship it back to you.

Solution

Thanks for the pic! And no problem, that happens from time to time. :)

I did misunderstand; it looks like your LCD frame is the issue. It could be still be a screw standoff that broke, though, causing the LCD to push out on the bezel/frame. That, or a retaining clip broke, or so I would think.

A local shop might be able to fix it. If not, the manufacturer can, but if there's no accidental warranty, you'll probably get stuck with a bill for repairs.

Nov 18, 2018

Hi, I have the same problem with my Yoga 710-14IKB and I would like to know if (and how) you fixed yours. I cannot afford a screen replacement right now and this is the most relatable thread I could find

Reactions: taylorham95
Status
Not open for further replies.