Discussion Screen Problem on Asus Q502LA Further Explanation

Aug 26, 2020
Anyone looking for further information on the cause of many of the instances of malfunctioning LCD screens on the Asus Q502LA might post here. I have had that model for over 5 years. I have had similar experiences with the LCD screen as another person posted here in 2018. Mine began the year I bought the laptop in 2015. The videos I currently have depict the screen's shifting or flickering from normal hues to green hues. This issue continued until I installed Windows 10 on it. I believe Asus collaborated with Microsoft in deploying a resolution. I also believe that the said solution involved removing the user's ability to change the screen brightness and perhaps other settings. I am not sure, and I wish not to appear or sound accusatory; however, it appears that there is a problem with at least some of the displays that requires the brightness (and maybe other settings) not be modified. Does anyone else have any insight into whether this might be the case or into whether anyone observed other issues with the screen? I'd like to add that my intent in posting this message is not to seek a resolution to a problem, but to discuss the issues with the screens. Thanks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
paqkr Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 0
Mirandarenee Laptop Tech Support 6
Naroa Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 0
solit war Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 6
fluffylilpuf Laptop Tech Support 0
ftothn Laptop Tech Support 5
pyrrhicx Laptop Tech Support 1