Question Screen Replacement/Broken Laptop

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

I have a Lenovo Yoga 900-13ISK 80MK. The screen broke so I decided to order a new one. The model of the screen I had is LTN133YL05. The model of the replacement screen I ordered is LTN133YL01. For some back story: the laptop worked before, but for some reason if I tapped on the laptop at a certain place it would turn off. A manual restart would be required. I replaced the screen myself, and turned it on. The screen turned on as expected but did not have touch screen capabilites. After a minute or so, the laptop powered off and will not turn back on. I did some testing and found that .128V is going to power when charger is plugged in.

Because of the two issues I am having, I am not sure what the root of everything is. I have a few different thoughts and would like any assistance.

1. First of all, is the replacement screen that I ordered compatible with my laptop? I tried Lenovo and Best Buy chat and neither could confirm details.
  2. If the screen isn't compatible, would powering on the laptop with the new screen cause for permanent damage?
  3. Could the motherboard be bad? If so, maybe just ordering a new one would fix all the issues including the screen?
I understand this is a bit of an odd scenario and I would be more than happy to provide more details if it would help! Thank you in advance

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Laptop Tech Support 3
N Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 5
asyx Laptop Tech Support 5
Crazy_Grimold Laptop Tech Support 2
Dianna75 Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1