Screen Share / 4K File on television from 1080p Laptop .

shadowbrokeruk

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
I have a current - gen laptop capable of 1080p and a 2017 4k TV . I connect them via the wireless screen share provided by windows 10 . If i were to play a 4k file on my laptop at what resolution would it be played on my television ? If it is played at 1080p what would be the easiest way to playback the file at 4k provided that all my external hard drives are full ?
Can I use my laptop as an external and wireless storage device or do I need an hdmi cable ?

Thank you .

Solution
Most TVs have a way to display the resolution of the current signal so check the remote for the correct button to press while playing the 4k file.
If you connect the laptop to the TV with HDMI and set the TV as a 2nd display you can then try setting the video resolution to 4k for the TV.
Most TVs have a way to display the resolution of the current signal so check the remote for the correct button to press while playing the 4k file.
If you connect the laptop to the TV with HDMI and set the TV as a 2nd display you can then try setting the video resolution to 4k for the TV.

Solution