SD Card Apps Non-Existant?

iMin3Ra1n

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
Hi there. I have an LG-L38C E400 running Android 2.3.6. 4/5ths of my apps are installed on my SD card. A few hours ago I tried to launch FaceBook Messenger but then it crashed and caused a very common error for 2.3.6 or just this phone; the home screen went blank. So I figured a quick reboot would solve this. It did, but it had a hiccup; no app icons for the apps installed on my 4GiB mircoSD card. Figured it was a bug, only it wasn't. Upon any attempt to launch any of those apps, it claims that the apps are nonexistant and aren't installed on the card. To check if the SD card got wiped I used the stock explorer to check the SD card. All of my files were there. I thought that was odd. So I checked under the installed apps tab in the stock app manager. None of the apps I moved to the SD card were there, yet, the system memory shows only 1MB free. I figure the appdata still exists. Can I get some help here? I have no idea what to do.

Thanks.

Solution
Maybe your SD card is already corrupt. I experienced this before, not knowing that my sd is already damaged. You can try Try to get a new SD and download some apps and check if the problem still exists.

iMin3Ra1n

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013

I've rebooted for like 3 times now. Still acting like there's no apps on the sd card. plus if the apps werent there, wouldnt the shortcuts on the homescreen disappear? also just rebooted a 4th time and its still behaving the same way.

iMin3Ra1n

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013

I'd say maybe a half hour. It's had a hell of a chance to get it's shit together. I dunno why it's doing this. To be honest I hoped there would be more android experts out there.

alicepattinson

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
Maybe your SD card is already corrupt. I experienced this before, not knowing that my sd is already damaged. You can try Try to get a new SD and download some apps and check if the problem still exists.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS