SD Card not recognized on Samsung Galaxy S4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan Trader

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
Help! I was at Disney and ran out of storage on phone from taking so many photos so I bought a Kodak 16GB SD Card and was able to take tons of pics. Now they have disappeared and my phone is not recognizing my SD card??? The phone is fine because I put my husbands SD card in and it is recognized. When I put my SD card in his phone, same problem not recognized. Is there a way to restore this SD card? I am so sad about losing these photos. :( Please help!!

Solution
actually. i had a similar problem with my sd card in my galaxy 4 phone. I downloaded a data recovery program and had to pay 40 bucks or something and it recovered all my photos music movies etc. If the card is physically damaged then you are out of luck but I was able to recover my data. I'm not sure what the program is called but it has a big beetle on it (Pareto logic Data recovery Pro). I looked it up for you.
Good luck

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
There is a data recovery sticky at the top of the Storage sub-forum, written by myself. It should be able to help you, so long as your PC is able to detect the card.

If the card is corrupted, it may not be recognized by the PC at all, in which case I'm afraid you're out of luck. :(

If the PC DOES recognize the card, but says there's something wrong with it and asks you to format it, whatever you do, don't format it or you'll never ever get those photos back. I can't stress this enough. DO NOT FORMAT THE CARD.

Simply plug the card into your computer and then follow the steps outlined here if the card is detected: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1644496/lost-data-recovery.html

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
No. If the SD card is damaged to the point where it can no longer be read by any device you will need to see professional service to try and recover any data. These services can be very expensive too, so be prepared to have your wallet violated.

youngman242

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014

youngman242

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
It is not recognized by the computer at all. It has been a couple of times when it appear i Explorer in a fraction of a second, otherwise the card reader only has its light on, but nothing happens. OK it is not the end of world, but very close to, as I forgot a backup of that card with a lot of future plans and references. -:( Thank you for your time and assistance

cpstrong

Estimable
Mar 11, 2014
actually. i had a similar problem with my sd card in my galaxy 4 phone. I downloaded a data recovery program and had to pay 40 bucks or something and it recovered all my photos music movies etc. If the card is physically damaged then you are out of luck but I was able to recover my data. I'm not sure what the program is called but it has a big beetle on it (Pareto logic Data recovery Pro). I looked it up for you.
Good luck

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.