Searching a 13.3 Laptop with GPU that can power a full HD ext monitor

davidstone

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2009
I need a 13.3 laptop that I can carry around, but it MUST HAVE powerful GPU 1920X1200 or 1920X1020, nothing less than that. I want the full HD.

The reason is I have a 22” full HD Asus monitor, so I want to be able to plug the laptop into the big screen and work that way when at my desk. I also have wirless keyboard and mice. So, the laptop will basically sit on my desk with the lid closed.

The rest I answered below, many thanks

1_What is your budget?
EUR 1,000 / GBP 900 / USD 1,350

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

3_What screen resolution do you want?
Don’t care

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Both in a sense

5_How much battery life do you need?
Don’t really care

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
NO

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Adobe CS4 – heavy load multitasking

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
At least 250GB

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least 2 years
11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD RW

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I prefer Lenovo, Asus and Toshiba.

jsrudd

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
What you are doing at the resolution is more important than the size itself. If you're trying to play blurays or .mkvs most non-intel integrated GPUs should be enough. If you're web browsing or word processing it doesn't matter.

davidstone

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2009

The reason is I have a 22” full HD external Asus monitor :hello: , so I want to be able to plug the laptop into the big screen and work that way when at my desk. I also have wirless keyboard and mice. So, the laptop will basically sit on my desk with the lid closed.