Searching for a monster laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

non-serviam

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
I want to buy a laptop as powerful as possible, at 15-18 inches, and as upgradeable as possible too. I have seen some models that support desktop CPUs (most from Clevo/Eurocom) and some that support MXM SLI GPUs. But not a one that supports them both. Is there any laptop like this out there?
Also in my search I have not seen a laptop at 17-18 inches with a resolution higher than FHD. Is there a better option here?

Solution
The best laptop that I can think of is the msi gt80 titan. This is able to hold 2 gpu's a desktop cpu and i think 4 storage devices. The reason why there are very few laptops are 17 - 18 inches and have a higher res screen than full HD is that it uses a lot of gpu power. Most people that use them are either gamers or 3d professionals of some sort. They usually prefer to hook the laptop to a monitor of their desired res.

Also windows doesn't handle scaling for high res screen. This is also the case for some video and image editing software like ps and premier pro.
The best laptop that I can think of is the msi gt80 titan. This is able to hold 2 gpu's a desktop cpu and i think 4 storage devices. The reason why there are very few laptops are 17 - 18 inches and have a higher res screen than full HD is that it uses a lot of gpu power. Most people that use them are either gamers or 3d professionals of some sort. They usually prefer to hook the laptop to a monitor of their desired res.

Also windows doesn't handle scaling for high res screen. This is also the case for some video and image editing software like ps and premier pro.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.