Second hdmi port to rsr232 projector input

Mbpolo5

Estimable
Oct 24, 2015
I have a Yamaha Rx a820. We want to play movies in the yard using our external speakers too. When I connect the second hdmi out to a hdmi cable to rsr 232 adapter to connect to the older projector I get no video signal when on DVD...works fine wine I change the receiver to cable box etc....but it won't get a signal on the projector when set to DVD....would it be the adapter, if yes what is different about the signal that DVR cable works but DVD player does not?

Do you mean VGA or DVI rather than RS232? RS232 is for control not input.
Since it works for your cable box I would try changing the video output of the DVD to match the native resolution of the projector through the input you are using. HDMI would automatically set the DVD to the resolution of the projector but with the adapter maybe it won't do that.

If I understand the problem correctly: You can project your TV box, but cannot project your DVD Player?
If this is BluRay player, it could require HDCP end-to-end path (to thwart piracy), and these adapters just don't cut.
If all you want to watch are DVDs (and not BluRay's), get a $20 DVD player from closes Walmart.