Secure Connection Failed

sam ginsben

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
Hey, I've had a problem for the last 2 days with secure connection failed. It only happens when i log into my amazon account. I've tried 50+ urls and non give me that error, only when i try logging into amazon..

sam ginsben

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
I'm using a wired connection, and no that's the only site i use for online shopping of personal info would be stored on. Besides games... I've ran norton 360, norton power eraser and malwarebytes anit-malware none of which found anything. I also updated firefox and disable all my addons of which i only have 2 adblock plus and norton safe search. Still get the secure connection failed error. I can visit amazon with no errors, it only happends after i log in. I've been using them for years and this has never happend before.

sam ginsben

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
I can get into my account, and everything is looks the same as before, like nothing looks changed, or nothing been ordered i don't recognize. I just have to load a new amazon url after i get the warning and it's already logged me in as soon as i visit the page. If that makes sense. I'm just wondering whats going on with this secure connection failed nonsense. I tried disabling my firewall on norton, didn't help.

sam ginsben

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
I've searched for hours trying to find anyone that has had this problem or made a forum anything about it, and i cant find anything. I have used ccleaner for years and use it almost everyday to clean my registry and history, think there's anyway ccleaner doing something to my registry or history could cause this?

sam ginsben

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
That sounds like good advice, Okay so, I'll going a few days logging on and off and such (searching). If nothing, Then I might just have to exclude it. Thnx for the help.

sam ginsben

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
Yes, i was always using https//www. I wanted to get back to you guys and say its fixed!! I logged into my account to ask amazon, and i didn't get the error!! log out back in again, no error. Only thing i did before last try's, was uninstall ccleaner. Maybe it did something to my history/registry, Because i've use ccleaner every time i close firefox, before shutting my computer down, for like a year. So it must have been me cleaning my history and registry to much i guess.. Thnx for all the responses tomshardware rules!