Question seeing my messages without leaving the app

morgenblatter

Prominent
Jan 24, 2020
This must be a really simple question, but it has me baffled. I'm trying to us an app and having entered all my detail on the phone they tell me they have sent me a code number. How can I see the message without exiting the app and losing my position. When I go back in, it wants me to start again and the cycle starts over.

morgenblatter

Prominent
Jan 24, 2020
try split screen mode:
press the square icon on your phone for a few seconds till the opened app is popping to the half of the screen. after this you can have a look at other apps
\
Thanks for the prompt reply. Unfortunately I don't seem to have such a facility, or at least, I can't find it. Where is this square icon residing. My phone is a J5 running Android version 9. Do you need any other information. Thanks again for reponding.

morgenblatter

Prominent
Jan 24, 2020
you are welcome, it might be helpful for others, if they find this thread, how exactly you managed to get to the solution.

Have a nice weekend :)
Hi Helpstar. I've tried and tried to reproduce what I did yesterday, but I can't get it again. In the meantime, I have noticed that pressing the double oblong button at the bottom left of the phone reduces the screen size of the app allowing me to use the messages button and then to return to the app.

Reactions: helpstar