Sega Saturn, Genesis Zippo Lighters Are Real

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

by far the dorkiest and most pathetic thing i have ever seen

G

Absolutely love the Mega Drive version (Genesis to the Yanks). Its way way more iconic than the Saturn which was a bit of a failure in my opinion. Bring em over to the UK, I dont smoke, but Id have one of these for the cool factor and for lighting candles and maybe even to save my life in a potential survival situation.....hmmm right!

smokinu

Distinguished
May 30, 2008
Actually I think they would have a hard time selling that in the U.S. There would be lawsuits galore as the universal thought that a console gaming machine is marketed toward minors and by making a lighter look like a console then the company would be involved with targeted minors in the use of smoking. Remember the whole Camel the Camel cartoon character? I know it sounds dumb but whatch it happen.

G

"by far the dorkiest and most pathetic thing i have ever seen"

Considering this is a tech site I think it's fair to say the majority of the userbase is made up of geeks/nerds/beardy basement dwellers so this would go down a storm!

FSXFan

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
[citation][nom]smokinu[/nom]Actually I think they would have a hard time selling that in the U.S. There would be lawsuits galore as the universal thought that a console gaming machine is marketed toward minors and by making a lighter look like a console then the company would be involved with targeted minors in the use of smoking. Remember the whole Camel the Camel cartoon character? I know it sounds dumb but whatch it happen.[/citation]
But remember, practically anyone who's ever played a Saturn or Genesis is plenty old enough to smoke (or drink) now.

Oh, and his name was Joe Camel.

IncinX

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2006
When I read the title I thought it would play the games too =( With PSP and DSi having more than enough computing capacity it should be possible despite the obvious problem with it also being used to set fire!

Who am I kidding, they could just use an iPhone with less explosion and more fire!

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]smokinu[/nom]Actually I think they would have a hard time selling that in the U.S. There would be lawsuits galore as the universal thought that a console gaming machine is marketed toward minors and by making a lighter look like a console then the company would be involved with targeted minors in the use of smoking. Remember the whole Camel the Camel cartoon character? I know it sounds dumb but whatch it happen.[/citation]So there goes my idea for an Elmo torch lighter. =(

theramman

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
whooo! Something from america finnaly ships to japan ;)
But really if these were ever offered in america it would be online or @ a truck stop.
But Id say id buy one for the hell of it. AND if i ever really needed it i could say afterwards that games helped me out ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.