Seinnheiser HD 598 + Fiio E11 + Creative Xifi titanium

t2r4ne

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
Basically the title says it all. I have the headphones and the soundcard already, im thinking about buying the Fiio E11 to really crank up the bass. I was rather disappointed with the lows on these headphones (just got them today) but any who, Im not really an audiophile and no audio expert whatssoever.

The headphones are great for gaming but i also listened to a lot of dubstep, trance, house.. etc.. and a bit of hip-hop on my PC and i need that bass! ... Is the Fiio E11 enough to really improve my experience? or do i also need like a DAC also ??.. I read that the E16 (E7+E9) combo was best fit for it but that was before the Fiio E11 came out.

Any help would be appreciated guys! Im very new at this :)

PS: I might change my sound-card also in the future when i have the money soo basically im taking also that into consideration.

edogawa

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
Did you buy the regular titanium card, it's not really good card for audio, gaming yes.

You should have gotten a Titanium HD or Essence STX which have good on-board DACs.

If I remember correctly the HD 598 don't have very good bass anyway, so I think your out of luck.

t2r4ne

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
Yeah I have the titanium HD (forgot to put the hd part); yeah the bass is really bad on these headphones but I heard that some ppl used a good quality amp wit it and really improve the bass quality on the headphones.

Any ideas??

edogawa

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
To be honest you should go to: http://www.head-fi.org/ they will have better advice for these type of questions there.

I think the fiio 11 would be great choice though for an amp without going crazy.