Selecting input source for recording

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

I don't think I can do what I'm about to explain but if there's way
please advise:

I'd like to record all but one pay channel using the RTV tuner with the
cable from the wall connected to the ANT/Cable F connector but record
one show per week off the analog cable box connected to Input 1. I know
how to hook that up and the connections all work fine. The only way I've
figured to accomplish this is to use Manual Record for the one show on
the cable box.
Is there anyway to select the input source when just using the Channel
Guide?
 

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
372
0
18,930
0
Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

When you set up your "line 1" do you see more than one cable guide option?
If there is another guide you can use that has the PPV mapped correctly but has
less channels than you use for the guide on the RF input it will map as 1xx
with xx being the analog channel. The problem is the lower channels will always
default to the guide that has the most channels.
It won't let you set two inputs to the same channel guide.
YMMV, this is how my 45xx works.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

On 25 Apr 2004 15:43:52 GMT, gfretwell@aol.com (Greg) wrote:

>When you set up your "line 1" do you see more than one cable guide option?
>If there is another guide you can use that has the PPV mapped correctly but has
>less channels than you use for the guide on the RF input it will map as 1xx
>with xx being the analog channel. The problem is the lower channels will always
>default to the guide that has the most channels.
>It won't let you set two inputs to the same channel guide.
>YMMV, this is how my 45xx works.

The Replay won't allow 2 inputs with the same guide setting. I tried
that when I first got a Replay (2020 then). Then I had a cable box,
and wanted to bypass it for non-scrambled channels.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://go.to/notstupid
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"It is a curious thing that every creed promises a
paradise which will be absolutely uninhabitable for
anyone of civilized taste." -- Evelyn Waugh
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

Thanks, that answers it for me. The channel guides for the cable with no
box and cable w/analog box are the same.

From:Mark Lloyd
mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx

> On 25 Apr 2004 15:43:52 GMT, gfretwell@aol.com (Greg) wrote:
>
>> When you set up your "line 1" do you see more than one cable guide
>> option?
>> If there is another guide you can use that has the PPV mapped
>> correctly but has less channels than you use for the guide on the RF
>> input it will map as 1xx with xx being the analog channel. The
>> problem is the lower channels will always default to the guide that
>> has the most channels.
>> It won't let you set two inputs to the same channel guide.
>> YMMV, this is how my 45xx works.
>
> The Replay won't allow 2 inputs with the same guide setting. I tried
> that when I first got a Replay (2020 then). Then I had a cable box,
> and wanted to bypass it for non-scrambled channels.
>
> --
> Mark Lloyd
> http://go.to/notstupid
> http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
>
> "It is a curious thing that every creed promises a
> paradise which will be absolutely uninhabitable for
> anyone of civilized taste." -- Evelyn Waugh
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 21:17:57 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
wrote:

>Thanks, that answers it for me. The channel guides for the cable with no
>box and cable w/analog box are the same.
>

If digital cable available to you? That'll be a seperate guide, and is
likely to be a superset of the analog guide. This allows to to setup
the Replay for 2 inputs.

Note that I did NOT suggest getting digital cable.

>From:Mark Lloyd
>mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx
>
>> On 25 Apr 2004 15:43:52 GMT, gfretwell@aol.com (Greg) wrote:
>>
>>> When you set up your "line 1" do you see more than one cable guide
>>> option?
>>> If there is another guide you can use that has the PPV mapped
>>> correctly but has less channels than you use for the guide on the RF
>>> input it will map as 1xx with xx being the analog channel. The
>>> problem is the lower channels will always default to the guide that
>>> has the most channels.
>>> It won't let you set two inputs to the same channel guide.
>>> YMMV, this is how my 45xx works.
>>
>> The Replay won't allow 2 inputs with the same guide setting. I tried
>> that when I first got a Replay (2020 then). Then I had a cable box,
>> and wanted to bypass it for non-scrambled channels.
>>
>> --
>> Mark Lloyd
>> http://go.to/notstupid
>> http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
>>
>> "It is a curious thing that every creed promises a
>> paradise which will be absolutely uninhabitable for
>> anyone of civilized taste." -- Evelyn Waugh
>

--
Mark Lloyd
http://go.to/notstupid
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"It is a curious thing that every creed promises a
paradise which will be absolutely uninhabitable for
anyone of civilized taste." -- Evelyn Waugh
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

We have digital cable but the channel lineup is completely different. I
may move the RTV to a room that has the digital box so I can use both
guides.

From:Mark Lloyd
mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx

> On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 21:17:57 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks, that answers it for me. The channel guides for the cable
>> with no box and cable w/analog box are the same.
>>
>
> If digital cable available to you? That'll be a seperate guide, and is
> likely to be a superset of the analog guide. This allows to to setup
> the Replay for 2 inputs.
>
> Note that I did NOT suggest getting digital cable.
>
>> From:Mark Lloyd
>> mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx
>>
>>> On 25 Apr 2004 15:43:52 GMT, gfretwell@aol.com (Greg) wrote:
>>>
>>>> When you set up your "line 1" do you see more than one cable guide
>>>> option?
>>>> If there is another guide you can use that has the PPV mapped
>>>> correctly but has less channels than you use for the guide on the
>>>> RF input it will map as 1xx with xx being the analog channel. The
>>>> problem is the lower channels will always default to the guide that
>>>> has the most channels.
>>>> It won't let you set two inputs to the same channel guide.
>>>> YMMV, this is how my 45xx works.
>>>
>>> The Replay won't allow 2 inputs with the same guide setting. I tried
>>> that when I first got a Replay (2020 then). Then I had a cable box,
>>> and wanted to bypass it for non-scrambled channels.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mark Lloyd
>>> http://go.to/notstupid
>>> http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
>>>
>>> "It is a curious thing that every creed promises a
>>> paradise which will be absolutely uninhabitable for
>>> anyone of civilized taste." -- Evelyn Waugh
>>
>
> --
> Mark Lloyd
> http://go.to/notstupid
> http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
>
> "It is a curious thing that every creed promises a
> paradise which will be absolutely uninhabitable for
> anyone of civilized taste." -- Evelyn Waugh
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Streaming Video & TVs 4
Tandrato Streaming Video & TVs 0
D Streaming Video & TVs 0
T Streaming Video & TVs 3
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
1 Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
Q Streaming Video & TVs 2
I Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 2
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 16
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 4
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
Similar threads
Question How can I select antenna as source for Samsung QLED TV?
Question Can't Select Menu Option In LG TV
Question How to make Vizio menu selections without remote
Roku TV shows my DVD content but I can't select from the DVD menu
Solved! how to get tv to see ott antenna when ant is selected on tv
Solved! Samsung uhd nu6900 can go to apps but when selecting video it wont stream
Solved! Select "ok" without remote on older vizio tv
Solved! the select button does not come backup so there is nothing to perss
How to change source select to antena
My soniq plasma tv says no signal when my xbox one is plugged in and even moving and selecting thing that i can here through h
I switched the bedroom TV with the living room TV. Now everything works except when I select 'input', 'Firestick' I get the Fi
Can't find any input selection on 2005 toshiba without remote, or with the channel buttons
So I've connected my HDMI cable to my tv and I've selected the one I put the cable in on my tv but it's not letting me watch m
Does amazon fire stick allow you to select a wifi audio source?
I've connected my laptop to my toshiba tv. Got picture. No sound. Worked great on my RCA. Did the proper selection, but not
When I select tv on my Visio I do t get a tuner choice to have is scan for channels I am still getting no signal what else can
Help!!! selecting a 5.1 system
my sharp lcd goes to setup / on screen language and I can't get it to select or get past this
Have to manually select sound bar each time I power TV on
My 60 inch Sony Bravia says no signal. Check external input or select another input. I did all this and nothing has helped me.

ASK THE COMMUNITY