Sell Gaming PC + MSI GS70 for a Razer Blade?

Mattisme

Estimable
Nov 4, 2014
Hey there,

To sum this up very quickly I have a PC (dubbed the Supernova) which I mainly use for Planetside 2 currently, but I just bought a book on 3DS MAX and I'm looking forward to playing Star Wars BAttlefront and Star Citizen.

motherboard: Asrock Z97e-itx AC CPU: i5 4690K RAM: 16gb 2400mhz G.Skill GPU: MSI GTX 970 gaming CPU cooler: Coolermaster TPC 812 SSD: 128gb Adata SP900 HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Corsair VS550 (550watt) Cables: bitfenix alchemy sleeved motherboard+PCI-E cables LEDs: 2x Bitfenix alchmey 12cm white Case: Custom made wooden case - spray painted white. P.S. I am 14 so I am by no means an expert craftsman.

http://imgur.com/eRvn1cy

http://imgur.com/RkAAn6E

I also have a MSI GS70 Stealth (GTX 765m, 16gb RAM, i7 4700HQ, 2x 128gb SSDs + 500gb HDD), which I use for schoolwork and LAN parties.

So my question is, should I sell both of these and buy a Razer Blade 14 2015 (the "QHD+" model) with a little cash left over as I would buy a second hand model. What do you think, this is a really important decision for me as I'd love the ability to go to LAN parties and potentially play games at school, but I also love the power of my PC (but my MSI is just too big for me for school and isn't really powerful). SO WHAT SHOULD I DO? HELP ME PC MASTER RACE! HELP ME..... ok maybe that was slightly too dramatic.

But anyway, thanks soooo much in advance for anyone who can help me, as I need to go and study because we have exams now.

Solution
The Razer Blade is nice, but it won't offer a ton of GPU improvement unless you run the lower res anyway, the 970m is a capable 1080p gpu, but what you have is decent as well. Your desktop is already more powerful than the Blade, so it would be a downgrade to go to the laptop.

Davinlevey

Estimable
Oct 23, 2015
The Razer Blade is nice, but it won't offer a ton of GPU improvement unless you run the lower res anyway, the 970m is a capable 1080p gpu, but what you have is decent as well. Your desktop is already more powerful than the Blade, so it would be a downgrade to go to the laptop.

Solution

Mattisme

Estimable
Nov 4, 2014

Thanks for your input Davin, I'm also starting to think that Razer's clever marketing is getting right at me, even though I'd usually deny something like that, although the Razer Blade is more powerful than my current laptop and is way more portable, and I hardly ever use my PC during term time. But I think I've made my decision, although I don't want to close the thread just yet. I'll stick with my pc for now, and potentially get a new Pascal GPU laptop in 2017 or sometime - when a laptop at that size would be more powerful than my PC.

Mattisme

Estimable
Nov 4, 2014
I'm having second thoughts, I think I'm going to buy the Blade, as the fact that it's so portable is really amazing and would be seriously nice in my school life. I think I forgot to mention that I'm going to buy a second hand Blade for $1000, so less than half the price of a new Blade.

TRENDING THREADS