Senheiser earbuds left earbud significantly louder

Joybro

Commendable
May 24, 2016
my right earbud seems to not be working properly. I already tried to adjust the sound balance through the system settings, didn't work. I suspect it's an issue with the hardware, any clue on how to fix it peeps?

Joybro

Commendable
May 24, 2016

Same issue on my laptop and my moms phone

nukemaster

Distinguished
Sounds like they may have some damage. You have already rules out your source by checking multiple devices.

If you have a multimeter, you could check the resistance(omega symbol) and see of both sides are the same.

If they are not(within a few ohms at most) something is wrong for sure. Very higher could cause lower volume and very low could cause current limiting and lower voltage in your device.

Unfortunately, fixing it is not always easy.

Joybro

Commendable
May 24, 2016

It is definitely a problem in the headset, and not in my phone and laptop. I checked the type, they're mm-50 senheiser earbuds. I do not have a multometer to test the resistance sadly

nukemaster

Distinguished
Is it headphones or actual in ear? 50mm is pretty large.

If you have nothing to loose(and they are headphones that are not too hard to open) you could try to swap the cables/plug if they are the issue(50/50 chance i guess).

Joybro

Commendable
May 24, 2016

They're earbuds and I tried messing around with it a bit, seems to be a closed system

MiniEngineer

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016

I have the same problem the problem shows up on my laptop and my phone