sennheiser 598hd with fiio e10k please help...

spblind

Estimable
Dec 14, 2014
Hi guys, recently i bought a sennheiser 598 hd and fiio e10k, based on the price i paid and the reviews i've researched online, i'm very disappointed with the performance. I'm a noob in audio stuffs, this is my 1st time getting such expensive headphones and an amp.

It sounds bad on games like CS:GO, music... horrible too... my steelseries v2 siberia does a better job, even my sennheiser mx271 earbuds that i purchased for $20 sounds better....it might have been my bad setup or what.. but i am sure for the price im paying.. it definitely should at least be better, it sounds like $5 dollars earphones...

my 1st setup

PC > Fiio E10k > Sennheiser 598 HD (gaming horrible/music okay okay)
Bass: ON
Gain: H (L sounds like ****)

it sounds great if i do this

PC > Siberia 7.1 Sound card > Sennheiser 598HD (best setup) (gaming/music)

i thought it could be the Fiio E10k problem but no..

PC > Fiio E10k > Siberia Headphones (better than the 1st setup)
Bass: ON
Gain: L (H too loud)

My siberia v2 comes with a 7.1 usb sound card.

my question is... based on the reviews on amazon and on forums... i feel the sennheiser 598 hd + fiio e10k combo should definitely be better than my other 2 setups without the combo.. right ? but i'm not getting it, please help.

Lmah

Honorable
May 3, 2013
HD598 + fiio e10k will be much more neutral sounding than a gaming headset+built in sound card, the audio is colored with that setup. You probably just need your ears to adjust to hearing more neutral sound. Once your ears are trained you will never go back.

spblind

Estimable
Dec 14, 2014

been using it for 2 months.. initially i thought so too.. :(

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
If you're looking for a bass heavy set of cans, simply put the 598s aren't for you. You can see if you can adjust to this type of tonality as mentioned above, or you might want to look into returning them and picking up a different pair.

You could also try using a bass boost option with your equalizer and see if that satisfies you.

spblind

Estimable
Dec 14, 2014
nono.. im not looking for bass or what specifically but for the price im paying for the amp and 598 hd.. it definitely should outshine the $20 mx271 earphones...

it sounds great if i do this

PC > Siberia 7.1 Sound card > Sennheiser 598HD (best setup) (gaming/music)