Sennheiser G4ME One Issues [SOLVED]

spunqmonk

Estimable
Feb 4, 2016
I recently purchased the Sennheiser G4ME One's and I'm not sure if I have them configured properly.The headphones and mic sound mediocre. I also read that your voice is played back to you so that you can hear yourself talk? It doesn't seem to do that. On top of that, the mic won't mute itself when raised.I should also note that I'm trying to use these on a Lenovo y50 running windows 10. I've attached some images below of my sound settings when the headphones are plugged in. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong

http://imgur.com/0vACR12

http://imgur.com/PltUU11

Solution

THM01

Estimable
Mar 28, 2015
Your sound settings look like it's just going to the speakers, not the headphones- are you even hearing sound on the headphones?
Also, not sure if you're using a USB connection or the actual mic and headphone ports. If using USB, try using the direct connections (and make sure you dont have the wrong one plugged in the wrong spot when you do, I do that all the time lol). Also if you're connecting it into a speaker and not directly the laptop, try directly into the laptop. Although a bit of a generalization, audio is only as strong as the single weakest link between the device making the recording or sound and the final end speaker or recorder.

Also you might have to adjust some stuff. Check out this article for windows 10 http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/get-high-definition-sound-and-music-from-your-computer

Might just be the laptop doesn't have the best sound card; I don't know that though.

Lastly, make sure there aren't any little toggle switches on the headphones you missed. That happened with one of my pairs. Really read through the directions.

Not sure if any of that helps, but I hope it does

spunqmonk

Estimable
Feb 4, 2016

Yeah, I can definitely hear sound coming out of the headphones, which is why I asked. I thought it was weird that I could hear sound out of my headphones when the default playback device selected was the speakers. None of the other playback devices gave me any feedback.

I am using the mic and headphone ports as this headset doesn't come with a USB connection.

I tried everything in the link, but didn't get much luck. Thanks for the help though!

the game one is essentially the hd598 which is not a bad headphone. while it is possible you just do not care for how it sounds it is more likely that your laptop just has a poor soundcard and doesnt have much power to drive the headphones. while the mic is not the best in the world, its not horrible. chances are it might be your onboard audio acting up a bit. cant help with the auto mute feature... never heard of it not working on that headset.

solution? get an external soundcard. if you want to verify, try them out on some other devices to see how they play (preferably try it out on a pc with a decent soundcard)

if you want to hear the mic as you talk.. in recording devices select the mic and then change its setting to "listen to this device". not sure if its the same in windows 10 but that is how it was on all previous versions.

spunqmonk

Estimable
Feb 4, 2016
Solution