treehuimumbo

Estimable
Dec 12, 2015
So I had just recently purchased Sennheiser Game Ones about 4 days ago and had only used them for about 3 hours before switching back to my G930's due to really bad audio issues.

The volume would randomly fluctuate whilst shooting a gun in CS:GO or BF4, even switching channels in Teamspeak would randomly lower and higher the volume in the program itself. Also, there is little to 0 bass for distant gunshots and sounds as if some of my sounds even cut out from the game itself. The sound in general was very muffled and sounded like I was in a fish bowl whilst using it.

It's probably because I'm using on-board sound at the moment and am debating on whether or not I should try to get a sound card or just refund the headset. I heard fluctuating volume is because of a faulty headset??

The motherboard I use is a Gigabyte GA‑990FXA‑UD3.

Solution
the game one is based on the hd598 which is one of the most popular headphones used for gaming which doesnt suffer from any issues like that.

while its possible you dont like how they sound, to me it sounds like either poor onboard audio which is having trouble driving them or you're using very poor virtual surround software and should try running them without any virtual surround.

Vestitor

Estimable
Nov 18, 2015
I power my Game One's with a Soundblaster Z and have no issues. I play Blops3 and don't even have to use the surround sound that the software offers to be able to position footsteps and gunfire.

the game one is based on the hd598 which is one of the most popular headphones used for gaming which doesnt suffer from any issues like that.

while its possible you dont like how they sound, to me it sounds like either poor onboard audio which is having trouble driving them or you're using very poor virtual surround software and should try running them without any virtual surround.

Solution