Sennheiser G4ME ONE

JesusJuice4

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016
I recently bought a new headset, the Sennheiser G4ME ONEs only to find out the mic isn't working, (the sound does). I suspect this is because of the drivers as the drivers I had currently are "High defintion Audio device" and an AMD one, is there perhaps something I'm missing or is the mic broken.

UPDATE: I have found 3Dg4me drivers on the site but when I use the setup.exe a weird (japanese?) message pops up which I can't decipher

Solution
the g4me one or game one? the first is the earlier model the second is the later model.

i believe both models are 3.5mm connection not usb with any kind of integrated soundcard but please confirm that. if this is the case then it should be a 3.5mm 4 pole (headset side) split into two 3.5mm 3 pole (pc side) cable attached. please confirm.

if they are 3.5mm connection then the problem would lie in your audio drivers and likely not the headset. unlplugging of the headset followed by a complete uninstall of all audio drivers you have would be recommended. next restart and reinstall of the newest audio drivers for your motherboard. restart. make sure the headset is plugged in correctly (mic to mic jack, headphone to headphone jack) and...
the g4me one or game one? the first is the earlier model the second is the later model.

i believe both models are 3.5mm connection not usb with any kind of integrated soundcard but please confirm that. if this is the case then it should be a 3.5mm 4 pole (headset side) split into two 3.5mm 3 pole (pc side) cable attached. please confirm.

if they are 3.5mm connection then the problem would lie in your audio drivers and likely not the headset. unlplugging of the headset followed by a complete uninstall of all audio drivers you have would be recommended. next restart and reinstall of the newest audio drivers for your motherboard. restart. make sure the headset is plugged in correctly (mic to mic jack, headphone to headphone jack) and that the default audio device and default recording device are correct.

i believe the game one has a switch inside the mic boom where you need to lower it into position to turn it on and raise it up to turn it off.

if you still have issues check if slightly pulling out the plug on the pc side works (checks for your 3.5mm jacks being faulty or mismanufactured).

if you still have issues try either the rear jacks (you will not use these for good.. just testing) or another pc to see if it works correctly (tests if you have issues with your ports or onboard audio)

if its a 3.5mm model, the game one should have no drivers. even usb models rarely have drivers unless its related to a software virtual surround sound solution as the soundcard is internal and plug-and-play. i'm not sure what you downloaded but it looks like maybe it was for the 363d and some sort of virtual surround software

Solution