Sennheiser G4ME ZERO is it good for all types of music and does it the sound leak

Shadow336

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014
So I plan on buying a Sennheiser G4ME ZERO and I was wondering if it was good for all types of music and does the sound leak

Solution

Hi Shadow336,
My friend has a pair of Sennheiser G4ME ZEROs, and he loves them for playing competitive Counter Strike. As for music, gaming headsets are not where you should be looking at. If you are a casual music listener who enjoys the odd song or two, this headset is a great choice. I don't recall these headphones to have a massive amount of sound leakage, but don't be concerned about sound leakage. Usually good headphones are open-back, (audio leaks like mad!) this gives a larger and more accurate sound stage. In most occasions this results in better 3D positional audio, thus good for gaming. But if...

MrSniperTrifle

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014

Hi Shadow336,
My friend has a pair of Sennheiser G4ME ZEROs, and he loves them for playing competitive Counter Strike. As for music, gaming headsets are not where you should be looking at. If you are a casual music listener who enjoys the odd song or two, this headset is a great choice. I don't recall these headphones to have a massive amount of sound leakage, but don't be concerned about sound leakage. Usually good headphones are open-back, (audio leaks like mad!) this gives a larger and more accurate sound stage. In most occasions this results in better 3D positional audio, thus good for gaming. But if you are inside, sound leakage shouldn't be an issue.

But if you want better audio, you should be looking at audiophile headphones with a decent sound card. Pair http://www.amazon.co.uk/AKG-701-Headphones-Ear-Hook-Black/dp/B000EBBJ6Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426291124&sr=8-1&keywords=AKG+k701 with this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blaster-Performance-Headphone-Beamforming-Microphone/dp/B009RPQA2G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426291163&sr=8-1&keywords=soundblaster+z. Personally I would go down this route, this solution will cost 10 pounds more, but yields significantly better audio clarity. The only downside is that there is no microphone, so you will have to purchase that separately. I have a pair of Sennheiser HD650's with an Asus STXii (this solution costs more than what I recommended, but the point stands). The combination of these two have far better directional audio than the Sennheiser G4ME ZERO, as well as audio clarity. After trying out the audiophile combination, I am NEVER going to buy a gaming headset again.

Conclusion:
The Sennheiser G4ME ZERO headset is good if you don't want the hassle of an external mic, faffing around with sound card drivers and the additional cost of the microphone.
The audiophile headphone will achieve better audio, but costs a little more. Another bonus of the audiophile headphones is that you can wear them in the street, bus, plane or on the bike without looking like an idiot :D So you can get more use out of them. Although, some people may be able to hear your music, as well as you hearing others around you, due to the open back design.

NB: The AKG 701's are tailored more for less bass heavy music. A pair of Beyherdynamic DT880 PROs will give you more bass, but less surround sound (smaller sound stage).

Hope this helped,
Alex

Solution

TheDanishGuy123

Estimable
Nov 29, 2015
its funny because my game zero is shit i play counter strike and i cant her where the enemies is wwith game zero and with my crappy steelseries siberia v2 that costs 60 euro does it much better in competetive counter strike i can here where the enemies is . :( i dont know what the problem is can anybody help ?