Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Sound quality on mic and cans not that great

Skulli

Estimable
Dec 13, 2014
I just bought this new headset and after plugging it in I've noticed that the sound quality on both mic and cans is terrible. .

I have ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO mobo, which should be more than enough since this headset only requires 50 ohms..?

Right now I can surely say that my HyperX Cloud II sounds much better than these ones.

Can someone help? I'm clearly doing something wrong.. :(

Solution
I had a similar issue with mine. Make sure your audio drivers are up to date and then try unplugging and plugging in again. Also reboot between tries. They can be a be fiddly but they sound great when working properly so you will know right away.

gity69

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
I had a similar issue with mine. Make sure your audio drivers are up to date and then try unplugging and plugging in again. Also reboot between tries. They can be a be fiddly but they sound great when working properly so you will know right away.

Solution

Skulli

Estimable
Dec 13, 2014
Hmm, for whatever reason when I plugged the headset to rear the software wasn't giving option to set the amplify level.
Now I plugged to the front jacks on my case and I get to choose the amplify levels..?