Sennheiser Game Zero lack of depth

plumel

Honorable
May 7, 2012
Currently I'm finding the Sennheiser headset to be lacking depth and bass compared to the H2100.
I've ordered both to see which i prefer, but I have to say i thought the sennheiser would be much better quality than this.
I've got an Asus Xonar DGX sound card, and the headset is only 50 ohms impedance, so it should be fine to power it.
It is a lot comfier than the h2100 and the h2100 has a little static which is very annoying.
I don't know which I prefer to be honest.
The H2100 has a lot better bass and feel to it.
Should I get a better sound card/amp?

Solution
you bought a bass-light headset. the game zero (which is the sucessor to the pc363d and pc350se and similar) is not going to have much bass regardless of what you do.

the game one, which is based on the hd598 will have more though is still fairly neutral overall and not "bass heavy".

if you're a basshead you might want to consider something else. if you only wanted a bit more bass, perhaps the one.
you bought a bass-light headset. the game zero (which is the sucessor to the pc363d and pc350se and similar) is not going to have much bass regardless of what you do.

the game one, which is based on the hd598 will have more though is still fairly neutral overall and not "bass heavy".

if you're a basshead you might want to consider something else. if you only wanted a bit more bass, perhaps the one.

Solution