Sennheiser Game Zero Mic Picking up Output sounds

thaxone

Commendable
Mar 23, 2016
I just got a pair of sennheiser game zeros and the mic is picking up in game sounds and whatever is being played through my headset. What can I do to fix this? Thanks

Solution
picking up as in you hear just a whisper of it (noise leak) or full volume (check that stereo mix is off).

if its noise leak perhaps set gain on mic lower or do not blast the volume on your headphones. given that the game zero is a closed set to get noise leak you must be running either your mic settings sensitive or your volume way too loud.

if its picking up game sounds (not from leak) then it might either be from stereo mix being enabled (records both game sounds and mic sounds at once) or an issue in the settings of whatever program you are using. i know teamspeak and skype both have some settings which i've heard can cause issues but i do not use either so cannot help much there.
picking up as in you hear just a whisper of it (noise leak) or full volume (check that stereo mix is off).

if its noise leak perhaps set gain on mic lower or do not blast the volume on your headphones. given that the game zero is a closed set to get noise leak you must be running either your mic settings sensitive or your volume way too loud.

if its picking up game sounds (not from leak) then it might either be from stereo mix being enabled (records both game sounds and mic sounds at once) or an issue in the settings of whatever program you are using. i know teamspeak and skype both have some settings which i've heard can cause issues but i do not use either so cannot help much there.

Solution

thaxone

Commendable
Mar 23, 2016

its picking up from a noise leak