Sennheiser GAME ZERO with Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro?

Ragingkittycat

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
Hi!

Was wondering if this external sound card is a good match for this headset that I plan to get for Xmas. My motherboard, whatever it is has terrible on-board sound and if I'm going to be using a $250AUD headset I'll chip in and get an external sound card to boost the performance as well. Lastly, I don't know how to install an actual sound card so that is why I prefer to purchase an external one.

Thanks for reading!

Headset - https://www.pccasegear.com/products/27835/sennheiser-game-zero-gaming-headset-black

Sound Card - https://www.pccasegear.com/products/35482/creative-sound-blaster-x-fi-surround-5-1-pro-usb-sound-card/

Solution
You can't really go wrong with Sennheiser. I have never used this specific card before but I have used other Sennheiser products and I was very satisfied overall.

nicaragua37321

Commendable
Aug 19, 2016
You can't really go wrong with Sennheiser. I have never used this specific card before but I have used other Sennheiser products and I was very satisfied overall.

Solution

gui0312

Commendable
Mar 15, 2017

Just curious how the setup went for you. I just got a pair of the game zero’s (50 ohms) and feel they are underwhelming.

Ragingkittycat

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
Hey man, I would have to agree with you on the underwhelming feeling on the audio quality on the headset. I reckon this is just because the leap between my old headset and the Sennheiser wasn't massive sound quality wise as I initially expected but I did notice a slight difference. Although, microphone quality wise is night and day in comparison. However, my mates reckon the mic is just a bit low volume wise which I believe would be the external sound card not performing as well as I thought. Also, it took a while too break in the headset as it wasn't as comfortable as I thought it would be until I'd say a week of constant use. Overall, I would have spent more time researching a more expensive higher quality sound card which may or may not have improved the sound quality, therefore making the gap between my old headset larger.