Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones for gaming?

silverbrit

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
Hi,
It has come to that time when I need to upgrade my headset. Ive been looking for the last couple weeks on headsets and get completely frustrated about it. Ive came to the conclusion on just getting a headphones. The headphones Ive came across are the Sennheiser HD 598.

I have a few questions on them:

1) Are they surround sound?

2) Any good for gaming?

3) Would i need an Sound card?

Also if you guys want to suggest any good headsets/headphones PLEASE do so.

(I would also need a mic obviously i was getting the Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones so any suggestions on that would be great)

Thanks,

Solution
You can't say you're satisfied with a HD 238i in relation to a HD 589, it's on completely different levels.

I have a HD 598 Audiophile Headphones, also the 600 and 650.

They are mainly for music lovers and less more of the gaming "bass" pumped headphones. If you're looking for headphones for music, the HD 598 is the ***.

As in terms of Surround, no. I don't recommend it for games, i tried and got shot random places in Battlefield 3 that i couldn't hear them from. Can be changed to surround if you have a good sound card but it just gets all weird ...

In my opinion
HD 598 = For Music (Best Music Headphones IMO for the $150-$200 Price Range)
Beats by Dre = Hip Hop Music
Creative & Sennheiser PC series are good gaming headsets/phones...

silverbrit

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
I DON'T have any experience with Sennheiser HD 598. But I've ever bought this Sennheiser HD 238i Mid-Sized Headset for $53.
http://www.dealstudio.com/searchdeals.php?type=id&q=d299180&ru=28909456
Great stuff for me. It might worth u a peek.

I prefer Full Size Headphones.

Can you confirm if those headphones are surround sound? Or is stereo just fine for gaming? I want to be able to hear an helicopter fly over me or a bullet go past my head.

trihedral

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2008
You can't say you're satisfied with a HD 238i in relation to a HD 589, it's on completely different levels.

I have a HD 598 Audiophile Headphones, also the 600 and 650.

They are mainly for music lovers and less more of the gaming "bass" pumped headphones. If you're looking for headphones for music, the HD 598 is the ***.

As in terms of Surround, no. I don't recommend it for games, i tried and got shot random places in Battlefield 3 that i couldn't hear them from. Can be changed to surround if you have a good sound card but it just gets all weird ...

In my opinion
HD 598 = For Music (Best Music Headphones IMO for the $150-$200 Price Range)
Beats by Dre = Hip Hop Music
Creative & Sennheiser PC series are good gaming headsets/phones

*Don't buy Steelseries Siberia V2 if you wear glasses, it hurts the hell out of your head after 20 minutes, and the speakers sound muffed as though someone put a pillow over it.*

Thought that'd help

Solution