Sennheiser PC323 vs entry-level audiophile headphones + mic?

domdomrys

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
I'm going to be upgrading from my Plantronics Gamecom 780 headset, and I'm not sure what to get. I'm thinking about getting the Sennheiser PC323 as they seem to sound good and have a decent mic, but a lot of people are saying that it would be better to get some proper headphones and a mic. The headphone and mic solution would cost a lot more most likely, and I am wondering whether there would be a big quality difference between the PC323 and proper headphones. I will be gaming mainly, but I will also be watching movies and gaming. What should I go for? Any help is appreciated!

Those are certainly better than razer and kingston options most go to, but you'll probably be better off with HD 558 and http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/751978-REG/Audio_Technica_ATR2500_USB_ATR2500_USB_Condenser_USB_Microphone.html, it's about the same price but you get the option of upgrading one without worrying about the other at any time.

domdomrys

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011

Thanks for the quick reply! I was thinking about those but they're quite expensive so I'll probably just wait for black friday. For the mic I will get a blue snowball. Just out of curiosity, would there be a huge difference between the PC323 and some higher end ones, like HD 558? Is there a website or something I can easily refer to, or do I have to stick to opinions in reviews?

TRENDING THREADS