Seriously. What smartphone do I buy? (Verizon)

spentar

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
I'm in the USA of course. What is THE best smartphone I can buy. I'm on Verizon but I guess I could switch carrier's because it is my upgrade and I can drop Verizon. I will more than likely root the phone so there's a lot of possibility i suppose. But trying to figure this out gives me a headache. Should I wait for a newer and better phone to appear in the near future?

spentar

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
Thats what I keep coming back too. I am anti apple so the htc seems to be my solution. I looked at them quite a bit. I also saw the new lg g2 yesterday. not sure if I wanna trust LG because they have never really had a top knotch phone.

corsairmaster

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
I have had 3 LG phones and they are all horrible. Trust me the HTC One is the one to go for. Excellent screen, decent specs and the best build quality you would ever find on a phone. However it would be a shame to turn down Apple as the 5s is very fast, faster than the One!!!

spentar

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
I do not believe in apple for many reason. Some being on how they run there empire, as far as business tactic's and there sue happy ideas. I just don't wanna support a company like they are. I like to stay true to Linux based software. I also see far more advancement in android.

daffa-apriza34

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
What about the Sony Xperia Z1, the phone is waterproof,it has 1080p screen,a 13 MP camera (the camera i think isn't as good as the HTC one but the picture quality is still good), and the phone got a 2.2 Ghz quad core processor backed by 2 GB of RAM which means the phone is future proof.

Or you can choose the Google Nexus 5. Almost the same specs like the Sony Xperia Z1(the only diffrence is the camera which is 8 MP) but with a price tag of below 400$.

corsairmaster

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
Yes you can use that phone as well. Although the HTC One can get you more attention and is more reliable than the Sony phone you can go for the Sony phone. Seriously, just pick any phone with a mojor brand like Samsung, Sony, HTC and with decent specs. You will be upgrading in like 2-3 years so yeah.