Set Memory Card As the Default Storage in Galaxy note 4

DigiToes

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
I want all current & future apps, data to reside on SD. How do I move them and how do I direct all future saves to the SD?

Solution
Well, if your phone is only using the original OS it came with, then no, that isn't possible. That said, your phone 'should' be upgradable to "Marshmallow" which is the OS you would need to make a SD card "Internal" rather than the standard "External".

Note: Not all apps may work on it, even if you can change the card to "Internal".

First, make sure your current SD card is blank. Why? Because when you upgrade the OS and try to make the card internal it will format and then encrypt the card. This will remove anything you had on it, permanently, and will also make the card unreadable by any other device.

I would suggest backing up all video, photos, data, etc., that is on the card and the phone itself to a computer or cloud account...
Well, if your phone is only using the original OS it came with, then no, that isn't possible. That said, your phone 'should' be upgradable to "Marshmallow" which is the OS you would need to make a SD card "Internal" rather than the standard "External".

Note: Not all apps may work on it, even if you can change the card to "Internal".

First, make sure your current SD card is blank. Why? Because when you upgrade the OS and try to make the card internal it will format and then encrypt the card. This will remove anything you had on it, permanently, and will also make the card unreadable by any other device.

I would suggest backing up all video, photos, data, etc., that is on the card and the phone itself to a computer or cloud account. I say both the card and the phone because when the OS is updated, you could lose stuff on the phone as well.

Second, update the phones OS, if the system will let you.

Third, set the card as "Internal" rather than "External".

From this point on you should be able to download anything to the card, rather than the device.

Solution