I can't open my gallery app on my samsung galaxy amp prime I get a message saying "can't open app there's not enough space". when I try to share hey photo in my gallery or a video I get a message " insufficient storage go to my files and delete files"? What can I do to stop this problem it just started??
Well, not all devices can do as you are wanting to, which is making the SD card "Internal" storage rather than "External" storage. To be able to do this on a device you need to... 1. Have a device that the manufacturer hasn't restricted this option on. Which does happen. 2. Be running at least Android "Marshmallow". And 3. Follow the instructions below.
NOTE: If any of the instructions don't work for you, or your device is missing one of the needed items, then the device was restricted by the manufacturer.
How to turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage on "Marshmallow".
NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).
1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.
NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.
How to turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage on "Nougat".
IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure you start with a blank SD card. When the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device), so anything on it prior would be gone.
1. Go to "Settings", and then select "Storage & USB".
2. At the bottom of the list you should see the SD card's details, including the option to format it and make it "Internal" storage.
3. Once this is done, reboot the device and you can start running things from the card.
If you don't reboot the phone, some things may not work correctly, so make sure you do the reboot.