Setting up a Home Theatre System with PC

ryant704

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
Hello,

A family member got me a 5.1 surroud system. (Sony BDV-N590).

From reading their is no direct way to use this to my pc then to my monitor? I'm wondering if you could see a way of getting this to work. I had one idea, which is put HDMI from the DVD/Bluray into my PC and possibly swapping inputs on my monitor? Maybe a DVI-D splitter to DVI-D and HDMI?

Thanks,

My Graphics card is a SAPPHIRE HD6850 1GB. Currently use a DVI-D to connect to my monitor.

Solution
Solved it myself, plugged the HDMI into my PC then changed the Home Theater to HDMI 1 and changed my default sound playback and worked fine.

Was really easy...
Per the specs of your Home Theater, you have two HDMI inputs and one HDMI output. The connection should go:

PC HDMI Output --> Home Theater HDMI Input
and
Home Theater HDMI Output --> PC Display DVI-D input via an DVI-D to HDMI cable (just in reverse).

-Wolf sends

ryant704

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
Thank you for your reply!

I'm already using the DVI from my PC to my Monitor. I only have one DVI on my graphics card, I have a DP & HDMI slot free. So Would I need to get a DVI splitter so I can input two DVI's?

So I can use this?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/DVI-Male-Female-Splitter-Cable/dp/B000P8DJJQ/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1419602329&sr=8-6&keywords=one+dvi+to+two+dvi
DVI from monitor, then hdmi to dvi into the other slot of this?
or I could use this
http://www.amazon.co.uk/DVI-D-SPLITTER-CABLE-HDMI-Plated/dp/B002DD1VYG/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1419599976&sr=8-12&keywords=dvi+splitter+to+hdmi+%26+dvi
DVI into monitor and then just pick a normal HDMI cable and input that into it from the HDMI Output on the Theater?

Cheers for your answer

ryant704

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
Yeah that would be correct but I've always thought of doing.

Home Theater to PC to Monitor, I guess that can't work?

That's the annoying part, my monitor only has DVI-D. I don't actually want to use the Home Theater system (Like Blu-ray/DVD wise) I want to be streaming from my PC, local files, netflix, etc.

ryant704

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
Solved it myself, plugged the HDMI into my PC then changed the Home Theater to HDMI 1 and changed my default sound playback and worked fine.

Was really easy...

Solution