Setting up a new Smart Home. Need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hervey514

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017
Setting up a new smart home. Advice on how to get started? The essentials? The must haves? Best smart hub?

Feb 12, 2018

Hi, to start with a smart home, you usually need a hub that connect with all the devices in your home so you can make them speak with each other. I suggest you go for a hub that is compatible with many brands. I've heard really good things about the nCube Home hub. They are UK based company and the product is just plug and play. My friend has it in his home and he showed me the app, it looks very user friendly. What I liked the most about it is that it's compatible with Hue, LIFX, Mipow Sonos, Nest Alexa. I think I will get one because I need something very easy to set up.
As for the devices, I suggest that you start with bulbs and plugs. You can put the plugs to any device basically. And then it depends what you really need in your home. If you like security, there are plenty of sensors that can send you an alert if something goes wrong in the house...
Cheers.

This is an old thread which didn't need adding to. If your best advice is to Google for the answer, it's not good enough for this Forum. Your other post included a telephone number and that makes it look like a Spam post.

This is not a good start for you in Tom's.

Thread is now closed. PM me if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.