CmdrJeffSinclair

Estimable
Aug 29, 2014
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get my Logitech Z506 Speakers to work over Optical cable. I bought a Panlong 5.1 Audio decoder which states it specifically works with all Logitech products (link) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AMC2J1Y?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01

My PC will not let me configure speakers over digital optical in the playback devices so I have no idea what to do.

In Playback Devices> Enhancements there is a box that lets me tick "DTS Connect" and when testing it plays all 5.1 speakers (very poorly, as if something is wrong) so I know the Panlong decoder is working.

Am I missing drivers or some software or something? PC specs in signature. I'm usinf Realtek Audio drivers

ssddx

Glorious
that avatar........................

in any case, since you are connecting via a desktop pc.. why are you using optical? there is going to be ZERO benefit to using optical out then converting with a cheap conversion box over just connecting up to the rear panel via 3.5mm x3. generally the only real reasons to use these boxes are when connecting to devices like a ps3, tv or other device with only an optical output.

if you want 5.1 over optical you need dts-connect or dolby digital live support. otherwise it will be 2.0 only. what do you mean very poorly? if you use a speaker test... does sound come out each speaker like it should? or did you mean crackling and distorted? if thats the case its likely due to apparently poor quality/quality control as some of the reviews note quality issues while others do not. perhaps yours is defective.

you need to be mroe specific.

CmdrJeffSinclair

Estimable
Aug 29, 2014

Yeah the speakers are fine over the 3x 3.5mm cables, but I have a PS4 and use the same PC speakers but I need to connect via Optical on the PS4, so I needed the audio decoder box for that (and I just didn't want to unplug and replug the 3x 3.5mm jacks constantly 10x a day and wear out the ports on my

Yeah, the sound test worked but it was pretty poor, granted I have not activated DTS at all. I don't know how. Could you help me activate DTS Connect to see if this will work?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Audio 4
R Audio 2
C Audio 1
S Audio 15
Leonel_3 Audio 1
A Audio 2
B Audio 5
P Audio 1
G Audio 5
B Audio 5
S Audio 4