Several keys stop working when laptop overheats

May 25, 2018
I have an Asus laptop (F550J). My 9, O, L, . keys randomly stopped working a few weeks ago. Got the laptop cleaned professionally but that didn't fix it. I've noticed the keys only stop working when the laptop gets too hot, for example in games. Is there any way to fix this without replacing the keyboard?

Solution
The only other thing would be to find a way to keep it from overheating. Which would be the smarter option anyway, as overheating can do more than mess with your keyboard. It can fry quite a few things.

You may want to determine what is overheating exactly and see if perhaps any fan needs replacing, or thermal paste on anything is in need of replacement to keep it cooler.
The only other thing would be to find a way to keep it from overheating. Which would be the smarter option anyway, as overheating can do more than mess with your keyboard. It can fry quite a few things.

You may want to determine what is overheating exactly and see if perhaps any fan needs replacing, or thermal paste on anything is in need of replacement to keep it cooler.

Solution