Sex.com Up For Auction, Could Fetch $28,000,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
Tom's, buy this domain, and have sexy model-technology interactions. You'll make billions from all the desperate nerds with credit cards!

mj_06

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Sex.com is worthless, all adult sites will domain .com will be shut down in a year for the new .xxx designation. Therefore sex.xxx is worth money but sex.com is worthless.

aweadam

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Sex.com is worthless, all adult sites will domain .com will be shut down in a year for the new .xxx designation. Therefore sex.xxx is worth money but sex.com is worthless.

I really don't think that'll be the case. Even without any adult content, a vast number of people in the world will still type sex.com into their address bars, and someone will find some way to market to them.

mavanhel

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
[citation][nom]mj_06[/nom]Sex.com is worthless, all adult sites will domain .com will be shut down in a year for the new .xxx designation. Therefore sex.xxx is worth money but sex.com is worthless.[/citation]
I might be wrong, but isn't the .xxx designation voluntary? I didn't think they were going to force sites to change their url.

ordcestus

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]mavanhel[/nom]I might be wrong, but isn't the .xxx designation voluntary? I didn't think they were going to force sites to change their url.[/citation]
[citation][nom]mj_06[/nom]It's so adult content can be blocked easier. if it was voluntary what would be the point.[/citation]
It is voluntary but could easily become mandatory. frankly i wouldn't ming if it was mandatory. it'll make it easier to block that stuff from my kids

bp 4575

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
[citation][nom]Userremoved[/nom]The new Tom's based website : Tom's pr0n[/citation]

"Tom's Hard" is waaayyy better.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Why pay $28M for it when it would become sex.xxx soon?[/citation]

Um BECAUSE IT WON'T.

Status
Not open for further replies.