Shades Power Gadgets With Solar Energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

nukemaster

Distinguished
I would recommend taking this idea and modding it to a small solar panel you can have on your coat or backpack.

As for Fuglyness.
Who would have thought half of the sun glasses today would EVER become something people wanted. Some look like they come from the dollar store and cost a small fortune. That part will be a to each there own. Strange but futuristic at the same time. I do not wear shades anyway(transitions with my prescription for me).

Known2Bone

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
holy $hit.... infinitely ugly... i would normally say something about how a man who sucks off other men would like these but... i dont think he would.

crusak

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]OH MY GOD, it's fugly.[/citation]

roger that. and it looks sort of like the infinity symbol, like Ripper said. D-O-R-K-Y look but cool technological concept.

arcainumbro

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
What's next, a beanie cap where the propeller on top converts air currents to power? At least that wouldn't look as emo.

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
While the glasses look ugly, the concept is very cool and could become very useful. I could see in the future, this being combined with a HUD on the glasses with the solar energy reducing or eliminating power consumption needs.

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]RipperjackAU[/nom]It's like wearing an infinity sign on your face. I guess the STO from Caprica, would just love this.[/citation]
that's exactly what I was thinking

G

good idea, but i think you guys should at first make the solar panels perfect... Right now the technology is enough to convert 10-15% of the sunlight that hits its surface into solar energy.

Make it at least 33% - that means fully convert the infrared light into energy - and after that you could start to think about things like this.

AMDnoob

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
Oh I thought these were going to be like sun shades that you put on windows like blinds with solar panels on the exterior side... wait... I better patent that then...

cammmy

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
I can honestly say they look better than a lot of sunglasses people are wearing these days. I can also honestly say they are hideous

Status
Not open for further replies.