Solved! Share monitors and keyboard with 2 dell laptops

Dec 13, 2021
I have a work laptop Dell Latitude 5410 with a WD19TB docking station which is connected to 2 monitors( Dell U3419W monitor and Dell U2312HM), wireless keyboard and mouse. My company has this laptop pretty well locked down. I would like to connect my personal Dell XPS 15 so I can share the monitors, keyboard and mouse. I have tried just switching which dell is plugged into the docking station and while the monitor will work (although there are issues I think related to the docking station) the keyboard and mouse don't work. Ideally I would like to not have to unplug each time I want to switch. I have read the forum and seen a couple answers unfortunately I still couldn't quite understand what I need.

Solution
If the keyboard and mouse are connected to the dock, they should work without any issues on the other laptop. You said they are wireless, is the wireless dongle in the dock? One thing you can try is to check for a firmware update to the dock, you can get that from Dell support site. Also make sure the XPS has the latest BIOS on it.
If the keyboard and mouse are connected to the dock, they should work without any issues on the other laptop. You said they are wireless, is the wireless dongle in the dock? One thing you can try is to check for a firmware update to the dock, you can get that from Dell support site. Also make sure the XPS has the latest BIOS on it.

Solution