Sharp LC-60LE644u TV

Rdfeibleman

Estimable
Dec 23, 2014
Brand new TV, second day was adjusting the audio settings and TV picture froze. Had to unplug to turn it off. Neither the remote nor on TV controls worked.

marben

Estimable
Jan 1, 2015
Similar situation: brand new LC-60LE644U, setup and used for 1hour, then set up a sound bar, then the TV downloaded and successfully completed a software update. At the conclusion of that, SHARP appears on the screen in red and neither the remote nor buttons on TV are functional. The only way to power off the set is unplugging it. Suggestions?

traumadog

Honorable
May 18, 2013
Similar problem. My TV has completely frozen once and sound randomly went out on 2 other occasions. Only way to recover is to unplug TV. Saw other reviews on Best Buy site with at least 10 other people reporting same problem. Spoke to Sharp technical support and they offered the generic response "let's do a factory reset", which didn't help. I'll be taking mine back for another brand.

marben

Estimable
Jan 1, 2015

kevinfin

Estimable
Feb 15, 2015

Hey this just happened to our TV last night. What did you do to resolve this? Or did you have to take it back for a return?

Heather_26

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
My tv did a software update and now it just turns itself on and off - is there a solution? Can firmware be downloaded? Where?

Called the helpline, the firmware was available on the Sharpusa.com, Support link on top right, Product Downloads right of screen > click support button by the 1.800.be.sharp link top right > choose product downloads, enter model number. Save to USB, Insert to TV. (I inserted then plugged in tv, but tech on phone told me to plug in then insert) TV reset and went to set up options.

traumadog

Honorable
May 18, 2013

I had that problem happen to me last year and at that time Sharp had no solution. I spent a long time with customer support and after multiple failed attempts to troubleshoot they basically said I should get another TV. I eventually returned the set and got another brand. Not sure if they may have fixed the problem since. Sorry

Heather_26

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016

Thanks - I lucked out and the firmware was in the archive file of the website so it set the tv back to it's set-up. But they did try to get me to hold down the volume buttons and power button and then offered a repairman, but I had been messing with it for awhile and only wanted the firmware and he finally showed me where it was on the website.