Sharp tv no av signal on hdmi input

avinash.salelkar

Prominent
Sep 17, 2017
On my Sharp 43 inch, I am trying to connect my projector. The rca outputs sound but no video when input is hdmi. Works fine when input is component. Any ideas? Is tv not able to pass HDMI video to component?

Solution
yes sounds right, for HDMI you need security for rights management, the analog outputs do not have any function for that, so anything in the chain that breaks the HDMI rights protection will not work. I can play a BlueRay through my laptop screen or HDMI out, but I can't use the VGA out, it gives me an error about the output not being supported and blanks the screen. That is done so you can't simply play a DVD or BluRay though HDMI then convert that signal to an unprotected analog one and record it.
I'm a bit confused here, what exactly are you trying to connect and to what? You can't connect a projector to a TV, a projector is a type of TV, it takes video input and projects it on a screen. A TV also takes inputs. Does your projector has a pass-through output port?

Need details about what you are doing and what what components. Models of each, what you are connecting to, and any adapters if you are using them.

avinash.salelkar

Prominent
Sep 17, 2017

avinash.salelkar

Prominent
Sep 17, 2017
Hi

Thanks for the response.

There was an error on my part. My TV is a Sanyo XT-43S7100F LED HD TV. It has two HDMI inputs, one PC input and two composite (RCA yellow+red+white) inputs. It has one AV composite output.

My set top box is connected to an HDMI in and the other HDMI in has my Amazon Fire Stick. My DVD player is connected to one of the composite AV inputs. This allows me to see all the stuff in the TV screen.

I have a projector (Sharp XR10-X) hooked up in the other room and I want to connect it so that I can watch the set top box, HDMI and DVD through that. So when I connect that projector's AV composite input to the TV composite output, I get to see only the DVD and cannot see the HDMI when I change inputs on my TV (sound switches, but image becomes blank).

I reported to Sanyo and their technician came over. Per him the TV AV out can only output AV in material and not HDMI in.

Was wondering if this is right.

yes sounds right, for HDMI you need security for rights management, the analog outputs do not have any function for that, so anything in the chain that breaks the HDMI rights protection will not work. I can play a BlueRay through my laptop screen or HDMI out, but I can't use the VGA out, it gives me an error about the output not being supported and blanks the screen. That is done so you can't simply play a DVD or BluRay though HDMI then convert that signal to an unprotected analog one and record it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS