speedylurker

Estimable
Nov 23, 2015
Please help me troubleshoot my led TV. When I play a bluray or 1080p video tight clusters of blue and less obviously yellow pixels appear to "shimmer" on the TV display. The blue shimmering pixels are very obvious when playing a film and both the blue and yellow pixels are even more obvious on say a white background. The blue pixels shimmer when the movie is playing but stop shimmering when a white background is displayed. However, when I play a normal dvd then these pixels do not appear to be as obvious. The pixels do not appear to move and are clustered in tight knit groups on the screen. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Solution
I have solved the problem! The problem was caused by a cheap HDMI cable that I had gotten off of Ebay which caused the random pixels to appear and flicker. Using a more expensive but higher quality HDMI cable from The Source instantly fixed the problem. Try switching your HDMI cable if anyone else encounters a problem that is similar to mine. Cheers!

speedylurker

Estimable
Nov 23, 2015
I have solved the problem! The problem was caused by a cheap HDMI cable that I had gotten off of Ebay which caused the random pixels to appear and flicker. Using a more expensive but higher quality HDMI cable from The Source instantly fixed the problem. Try switching your HDMI cable if anyone else encounters a problem that is similar to mine. Cheers!

Solution