Short-Circuit on touchpad board (I think)

Ef125

Estimable
Dec 12, 2015
Hello, my laptop shut down recently and failed to boot. when i plugged it i had the light but as soon as i pressed power button, light disappeared, and i didnt get any response from the laptop. light goes back on approx. 5 sec after i press the power button.

assuming the problem was the psu, as i had the exact problem which changing the psu fixed, i destroyed it. (have a habit of trying to repair and destroy not working things) and bought a new one. had the same problem with the new so i sent it back for rma and got another new. same problem. so i was sure the problem was with the laptop. i opened it up and while putting it together, i accidentally forgot to plug in that ribbon cable of the touchpad. it booted without problems. so i realized touchpad wasnt working, went back and plugged touchpad in, again came up the boot problem. so now I am sure there is an issue with the touchpad.

i now remember years ago that out of a mood i had hit the laptop right on the touchpad and it had suddenly shut down. it had opened back up without problems, until now i think.

my question is where is the problem? the touchpad board, or the motherboard? can a motherboard work with a short-circuit provided you dont use that part of it? I heard something about reflow, can I go and reflow the touchpad board? should i do that?