Short continuous beeping, laptop won't turn on

MrTomasboy1

Commendable
Feb 19, 2016
So basically, I cleaned out the ports on my ASUS x551ca laptop yesterday, and I opened it as usual, and took out the motherboard, battery and everything and cleaned it as usual. I have a good experience with fixing computers and have always been carefully. I've done this procedure about 4 times on this laptop with no problem.

But yesterday, something which I can't figure out how it happened, happened. The battery showed charging but after leaving it on charge for about 12 hours, it dies after 30 secs of boot up and refuses to charge like normal.

The motherboard keeps making short and continuous beeps, about 5 a second, and does this for a good 15 seconds before the charging light comes on. It then turns to a high pitched noise and constantly does this.

The beeping only occurs when the computer has shut off but when I inspected the battery, it felt like it had a full charge as it was heavy and there was no damage to the connectors or anything else. All ribbon calles were plugged in and there's nothing else I can think of apart from a dead mobo.

I will upload a video shortly and put a link to it.

Regards, Tomas.