Short Melody Plays Randomly And Nothing Can Pin It Down!

sbpyper

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 8137 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, -1 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 1862 GB (1709 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., SABERTOOTH Z77
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

I just finished building a PC and loading up most of my programs. Out of nowhere I am getting the same musical note playing on my PC even before I log into Windows 10. It also plays on the laptop across from me. The last thing I tried to fix was a humming sound coming from my Logitech 5.1 speakers. I deleted the sound driver in the Driver Manager and rebooted the PC to self-update the correct driver. These two PCs are on the same family network. I have never had this problem before. I ran the latest version of Malwarebytes Pro and several PUP programs (39) were found and quarantined but the problem persists! Now it is playing on my laptop. Is there such a thing as a network virus? The note seems to play on one or the other PC but not both at the same time. I should probably call my ISP Centurylink and maybe they can help since it seems to be happening to more than one computer on my home network. Actually, I just spoke to my ISP and they were totally useless!

I have tried removing with: Malwarebytes, Kaperski, McAfee, Windows Defender and nothing can detect it!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

dudio

Admirable
It's a device or something connecting or disconnecting I would imagine.
Go thru your Windows sounds and see which one it is.
Are you saying it's happens at the same time on your PC and a laptop? If so, what do they have in common (networked something)?